Ah, the struggle of not being able to bring books with you when you’re moving because shipping costs are expensive. Hello friends, today I will share my frustration over the fact that I really want to read some books I own but, since I moved, I don’t have them with me.
Wait, what? You moved?
Yes, I haven’t updated this blog since then, but if follow me on twitter or Instagram, you probably already know that I’m in London!!!
I’m doing my master’s degree here. I’ve been in London for about 3 weeks and it has been great so far! If you’re from around, let me know some pretty nice things to visit because there are just too many!!! I’m definitely excited for winter and Christmas time, I’ve heard it’s a beautiful time to be in London.
Before coming, I had to make sure I had enough comfy and warm clothes sooooo all my luggage was full. That meant I had no space for books 😦 I only ended up bringing three books:
- The Girl in 6E by A. R. Torre – the last book I bought and the one I was reeeeaaally excited to own, so I had to bring it to London;
- Vicious by V. E. Schwab – I always wanted to read it (seriously, I love this book and I haven’t even read it. It’s an unhealthy relationship because I’m obsessed and I don’t even know its story) but never got to it and I don’t know why. I think it’s because I have too many high expectations;
- Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons- the sequel to my favourite book but I don’t know if I’m going to like it so I’ve been putting it off. I do need to read it eventually so that’s why I brought it with me.
I really want to read these three books, but since I’m so far away from my bookshelf, all I think about are the abandoned books in my room, crying for me. So, of course, I feel like reading a few of them (I’m sure if they were here, I wouldn’t be in the mood for them, though. I know myself very well):
- The Raven Cycle #2, #3 and #4 by Maggie Stiefvater (yes, I need all three of them asap. I think it’s because it’s fall)
- The Secret History by Donna Tartt
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
Hopefully my parents can send them my way!!! Fingers crossed! I hope I don’t change my mind about these books otherwise by the time I end my master’s degree I’ll have my entire bookshelf here!
Did this ever happen to you when you were away or moved? What books did you want to read?