Anyway, now that we got that out of the way, I believe I have to update you on what I’ve been doing during these past 4 months. I did not read much – that’s pretty obvious. Since I finished Queen of Shadows, I was left in a major book slump and I have only managed to finish one book… ONE BOOK!!! What is happening to me? Wait… It gets worse: It took me 2 months to read that book. In my defence, I can’t pick up other books while I’m already reading one, so that’s also a reason why there aren’t more books on my 4 month wrap-up.
During these months, I did a lot of new things: I spent my last month of summer break reading Queen of Shadows (it killed me), getting a tan (which has already faded) and spent a week with my dear friends, which was amazing – we had so much fun!!
In September, I went to JAPAN for a week on a exchange program organised by the Japanese Government!!! Yes, Japan – I still can’t believe I was there.
After that, I started my master’s degree in International Relations and I’m currently struggling to write my essays, but that’s a story for another time!
Annnnd that’s basically it! I want to read new books so badly, so hopefully I’ll get some reading done this winter break (even though I have to read a lot for university).
Here’s a list of things I loved during these past 4 months:
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them;
- Lost in Translation (made me miss Japan so much!);
- Spirited Away;
- Boys and Girls (gotta love those 2000s movies);
- Friends With Benefits (I love Mila Kunis, I’ve been watching all her things)
- Gilmore girls: A Year in the Life (I never thought I would get new episodes, ever. I couldn’t be more grateful)
- Buffy, the Vampire Slayer (I finished it, I’m still heartbroken)
- Reign (finally caught up on it)
- That 70’s Show (I’m determined to finish it soon)
(I’ve been going back to artists I used to love but haven’t listened to for a long time)
- Purity Ring (I seriously love this band so much)
- Gabrielle Aplin
- The Kooks – Junk of the Heart Album (mainly the song: Rosie)
- Sia – The Greatest (single)
- Gotye – Somebody that I Used to Know (I KNOW, I couldn’t stop listening to this song ever since I heard it again in my friend’s car).
I hope you’re all well and I’ll see you SOON.
- I’ve been addicted to Hamilton (just like everyone else because it’s that epic!);
- I watched Spirited Away by Hayao Miyazaki and I will never forget this beautiful and magical movie;
- Delirium by Ellie Goulding
- The Raven Boys (hehe)
- Still lovin’ those big books I need to read
- Myself (yes, I’ve really been loving myself and that’s such a great feeling, to be honest *heart eyes emoji*) and my new haircut
- Catching up on tv shows (Homeland, How to Get Away With Murder, That 70’s Show, Game of Thrones (lol))
- Reading (even though I still haven’t been doing much reading)
3- Failure is a natural thing – learn from your mistakes and don’t stop trying until you make it;
5- Tea is not just for when you are feeling sick/blue. Tea is for all occasions (and if you drink it with milk, it will taste even better!).
6- An emoji can make someone’s day. Use them more frequently!
7- Always choose happiness! Good things will come your way.
8- It’s okay to feel sad sometimes. Cry it all out and then pick yourself back up. Life is made of ups and downs, but don’t give up.
9- It’s okay to feel so good with yourself that you don’t need a significant other! Being independent is the key to happiness and joy.
10- It’s okay to like things other people find strange/weird/nerdish.
11- It’s okay to be nervous. It shows that you’re responsible.
12- Just because people say that you shouldn’t feel a certain way doesn’t mean that you should feel bad/guilty for feeling what you’re feeling (aka anxiety and many other issues). It doesn’t diminish your pain. You are entitled to your feelings and insecurities. Don’t waste time with people that don’t understand you and focus on the ones that actually care about you.
13- Minimalism is your go-to choice – in everything.
14- Knowing how to work with Photoshop will help you in many different situations and it will make you happy.
15- If you have a dream, follow it. No matter how hard it is to get there.
16- Stepping out of your comfort zone is scary, but it’s worth it (I’m still learning how to step out of it)
17- Coffee is great for staying awake and making it through classes. But it won’t help you finish your essay/notes when you’re already stressed. Tea is the answer (see 5).
18- Just because you feel inferior, doesn’t mean you actually are inferior. Stay positive, you are important and you need to know your own value.
19- Reading will increase your knowledge. Reading for fun is the best hobby you can have.
20- It’s always nice to have a little nook/something of your own. It’s even better when said nook gives you happiness. Mine is this blog (and reading… and tv shows).
21- Despite of everything you’ve learned so far, you will still make a lot of mistakes in life. The reason why is that you still have a lot to learn.
I had a lovely birthday, full of energy and positivity. Thank you for all the birthday wishes on instagram and twitter. This community makes me very happy! 🙂
- I’ve been writing posts in advance for this blog for when I get really busy with university;
- Even though I’m currently on a reading slump, I’ve been trying to read a bit every day;
- I’ve been feeling generally happy with myself and that’s a milestone for me (YAY). That makes me so motivated to follow my goals;
- I’ve also been loving my classes so so much – I’ve been feeling so much like Rory Gilmore, and that makes me so happy because, if you truly know me, you know that she is my ultimate inspiration and everything I want to be in life;
- I’ve also been obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which is part of the reason why I’m on a reading slump and the not-so-productive activity. I managed to watch 2 seasons in a week or so. I’m currently on season 3 and I’m so addicted to the show, it’s insane. I’ve known about this tv show all my life (not literally but almost) and it has just sort of always been there. Just like Smallville, for example – everyone knows about Smallville but not everyone has seen it (I’ve only seen season 1, by the way).